This course will introduce the concept of Greenhouse Gasses, Carbon Footprint Management and Carbon Tax to business leaders, SHEQ managers, entrepreneurs and environmental practitioners who wish to better understand the concept of a Greenhouse Gas Inventory, how to go about calculating your organisations Carbon Footprint and understanding the recently introduced Carbon Tax Act.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suited to any business owner, manager, SHEQ practitioners, environmental managers and decision makers involved in environmental performance. This course is specifically designed for those that wish to have more practical skills about Carbon Footprint Management, Carbon Offsets and Calculating your Carbon Footprint.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand what a Carbon Footprint is and comprehend its role in the management of business.
- Understand under what circumstances companies need to report on their Carbon Footprint and be liable for Carbon Tax
- Understand the variety of Greenhouse gas sources and how they are measured
- Be able to work with the Greenhouse Gas Corporate Standard and able to:
- Decide which methodology to follow,
- Define organizational boundaries
- Effectively collect the required data
- Apply emissions factors
- Calculate CO2e for various emissions sources
- Undertake effective reporting
- Develop a plans for reducing Carbon Emissions.
The course will be hosted at the Wilderness Leadership School Boardroom, 90 Coedmore Ave, Durban.
Course Date & Time
Wednesday 18 September 2019
Cost and Bookings
Cost: R2800.00 per person (excl VAT) Includes: Light lunch, coffees / teas, flash drive with tools, standards, emissions factors and related documentation
Course participants will need to have their own laptops with MS Excel / Open Office or / Mac Numbers installed and a basic understanding of using excel (or similar spreadsheet) software.
Please complete the form below for any enquires or reserve your space